Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bye bye 2005 old Winston Sam, Hello 2009 new spicy Alfred Winston!

Well, a few days ago my new little mini cooper came in. I set up an appointment to go down there today to pick it up with Tim. I was super sad all weekend to have to get rid of old Winston. He's been such a good car.

Here's a picture of me giving old Winston a kiss before leaving to drive down to the dealer.

And another picture of me standing beside Winston. Isn't he so cute? I love that car!

And the inside of old Winston (relative as there is a picture later of the inside of new Winston).

And getting inside to drive Winston one last time...

Just that very morning, I hit 70,000 miles in Winston! Crazy. When we left for the dealer I was at 70,005.

Tim and I made a stop at our new obsession, Caffe Ladro. Mmm...it's so good. It's probably another post entirely but we go there as often as we can. So amazing and anyone who lives in Seattle can probably testify to that fact.

We made it down to the mini dealer! Yes! Crazy enough, all of the financing, etc. took less than an hour. I kid you not, the financing took all of 10 minutes. It was INSANE. But I loved it! It helped that we had already gotten Old Winston appraised by the dealer a few weeks prior (and they were giving me $2K more dollars than I expected for him which was awesome especially considering that he has a huge crack in the windshield that will have to be replaced and a couple of wheels that need to be replaced).

Inside of new Alfred Winston. I don't care if I'm weird if I name my cars, by the way. This picture is important because look! The cup holders actually work in the new minis. In the old mini model, there was only one functional cup holder- kind of a pain. Also, the speedometer (huge circle in the middle) is much larger and holds all of the bluetooth/ipod/music operations which the old mini didn't have. I'm still trying to figure out everything on this car. I didn't realize how much they had done to the interiors of the new models but I'm pretty excited for everything it has the capability of doing!

Aww...both little cars together with us.

And me standing between the two minis. You can tell here that the newer model is slightly larger than the older model. I don't really get who thought it made sense to make a MINI cooper bigger, but whatever. You can't really tell unless they are side by side like this.
And back at home, the new little Alfred next to the eco-Duncan prius, all safe and sound in the garage. I'm really excited for the new car. It has the panoramic sunroof all across the top which I love. It also has a sport mode (which makes it drive like the old Winston did all of the time- but now you can just elect that mode instead of having to ride rough all day). It's also a lot more zippy than the old model. I was shocked! I think the biggest change is the interior though. I couldn't believe how much mini had changed on their new models. They did a great job!

No comments: