Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppity hop hop...

Happy Easter to everyone out there. It wasn't a great weekend for Easter egg hunts since we got all of our nice weather out of our system last weekend. Or WE didn't per se, but Seattle did.

This weekend we were stuck back in rain and cold. Next weekend we are supposed to be back to sunny and warm. That sounds great given that we are working no more Saturdays. Nor are we working much towards the end of this week since April 15 symbolizes the end of busy season. It's really more the final end for tax people but we (the audit people) keep busy through May-ish. But expectations shift a bit so it's a lot easier even if we are still busy. And we all celebrate "the end" by getting the 16th off and the "after busy season" party on the 15th .

Tim's working today and I'm just taking it easy. Since it's raining and I want no more exposure to creepy stalker dude, we aren't going on any walks today. We did go to the pet store which Bella was definitely all about. She made friends with a little french bulldog who was about her age (but much, much smaller). She also got new toys.... one of which was a turtle who she beheaded in about an hour after we returned home. It was hilarious to be quite honest.

We also worked out some at home. I decided that I need to get back in shape (this is my post-busy season 'get back in shape' kick that happens every year after not doing much for the prior 3 months). Bella apparently likes the floor exercises. Actually she likes to attack me while I am doing them. And then we wrestle and I throw Rupert (her new bear toy) and she gets him and then attacks kitties and then promptly remembers I am trying to do crunches so attacks me. And, repeat. Her little cycle cracks me up. Again, one of those times I wish I had a video camera in the house.

We have also been drinking a lot of tea and reading. It's been fabulous. It has been by far the quietest Easter I think I have ever had. Back home in Missouri, we'd always have tons of family over and it would just be a crazy day. I love that but I loved this quiet, relaxing day as well. It was wonderful. Hope everyone out there had a fantastic day as well.

No comments: