Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy birthday to me!

My birthday was very low key- it's what I wanted. My present was Bella. I really wanted a puppy and she was more than enough! So on my actual birthday all I really wanted was to hike and just hang out with Tim and Bells. On my birthday morning, Tim disappeared to go "run a quick errand." He returned with a huge bouquet of summer looking flowers- what a perfect husband and a great way to start of the day!


Timmy and my birthday bouquet.

And of course we had to get one of me too.

So Tim surprised me with presents!! I totally did NOT want any or expect any, but who can really complain?! In the afternoon, Tim and I went on a 6-7 mile or so hike. It was a fairly warm day out and partly sunny so it was great! We didn't take Bella so that we could go fast and do a longer hike since she really can't yet. So after we got home from the hike we had a quick snack and took her on a couple mile walk through our neighborhood. I love being outside and being active that much- it is the most perfect day when I'm that active (I know, I'm a nerd!) After all that activity we jumped in the shower and then Tim started cooking my birthday dinner. We had bought fresh wild sockeye salmon and we made garlic mashed potatoes and a tossed salad. Sooo good. After eating, I opened my presents from Tim and my parents that they had sent. My parents got me clothes and fun jewelry that I loved! And from Tim who wasn't supposed to get me present since I have my pooping monster, I got a few small things for working out (socks and a pink yoga mat). The yoga mat was especially funny because I had guessed it earlier in the day. I was totally joking because I honestly didn't expect it but apparently I was right- Tim told me he was so mad that I guessed it!

Inside of the birthday card was a library card (I guess his errand from earlier that morning). Here is why this is so exciting: I have been wanting a library card for a long time. Why? Because I can't justify buying books. It is more green to rent them from the library and I can't justify buying a book and wasting money AND trees by only reading it once. I am a nerd, we have established this. So the reason I haven't gotten a card? Because the Kirkland library (the suburb of Seattle we live in) is under re-construction and every time I try to find their "temporary" location, I can't find it. It's SO frustrating. So my sweet husband went out on my birthday morning and got me a library card which I can take to ALL libraries in the Seattle area.

Here I am reading the card from him and holding my new library card. He said the library people looked at him funny when he went to get a free library card for me. Also, you can see my new pink yoga mat to the left of me! I love it!! (It's also very cool because it is reversible- the other side is gray and is more textured which would be perfect for hot yoga if you need a better grip). It's so much better than my old one. The old one is great, it's just more masculine. So perfect to hand over to Tim so we can do yoga together which I think is what he was thinking by buying me the new pink mat.

After opening my socks that were at the top of the gift bag, I stumbled upon a little box. WTF? And I take off the ribbon... Tiffany and Co? Huh? Why the hell do I have a box from Tiffany?

Tim bought me a chain link silver heart necklace from Tiffany! We have both admired it for a long time but I had totally forgotten about it and was NOT expecting this (in all honesty, I wasn't expecting anything because we got Bella but once I figured out he had done something, I thought he had bought us some camping gear... BOY, was I wrong!) I'm pretty sure I have the best husband in the world. It was such a thoughtful gift... not to mention I love it!
Here's Tim "bench-pressing" Bella on the gray side of the new yoga mat. She's probably getting closer to 30 pounds so it's probably a decent workout.
Thanks to everyone out there who sent cards and gifts and wishes my way. My 27th birthday couldn't have been better!

No comments: