Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day

Anyone who knows Tim and I would probably call us tree huggers. Ok, you do. BUT, whatever. It's how we live and we like it. We use organic everything (hair products, makeup, some clothes, laundry, soap, etc), we sleep on organic sheets, we eat organically, we recycle. We are currently looking into sustainable, eco-friendly items in which to renovate our house. Replacing items that are ok already isn't really "green" per se; however, the items we are talking about replacing (like carpet) are definitely not eco-friendly as they are and are actually quite harmful if you do the research (unless of course you get the "green" carpet... ours is not this).

I could go on about that forever but I try not to get on too much of a soap box about that on this website. The point is that even though today is the "official" earth day, I feel like every day is an opportunity to help the earth, even if you just recycle one thing.

I always feel bad because I feel like there is more that I can do to be even MORE green that I'm not doing. There are extremists out there and I am not one of them. However, I do think that the things that I DO do make a difference and I hope that if people aren't already, they start to adopt certain green habits. They are easy to pick up and what do you have to lose?

I saw a stat the other day that if everyone just bought 100% recycled napkins, 600,000 trees would be saved just from that. Think about how we could impact this earth if we all just took these little baby steps. I certainly try to do my part and hopefully today serves some sort of purpose to inspire other people to pick up little habits as well.

Happy earth day to everyone out there!

No comments: