Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stupid neck

Even though I wanted to adorn the chiropractor as king of the world after Tim's back ordeal, I have come to decide that I do not like chiropractors. Or maybe they just aren't right for me.

I went to the chiro about two weeks ago. When I was taking Tim in for his back, the chiro wanted to see me. He said that he could help the headaches that I seem to get rather frequently (I've always had headaches). So finally I went. He took some x-rays and found that instead of having a normal curved neck, mine was straight and instead of a straight spine, mine was curved.

Start adjustments, cool.

That weekend I felt ok.

On Monday of last week, I went back in for another adjustment.

Tuesday, I literally could not function. I was at work for 20 minutes. I could not do anything without feeling unbelievable dizzy, like I would pass out at any second unless I laid down flat on my back. That coupled with feeling like I would puke was unlike anything I have ever felt before.

I went to the chiro Tuesday to see if he could help more, and it did. Back Wednesday and felt ok. Thursday, didn't go but at Tim's sister's wedding rehearsal, we had to leave early because I almost passed out and puked again. Unbelievable. I was literally jealous of people who could walk around normally. THAT is not normal at all and should not be a problem for a healthy 26 year old!

Friday went again and did ok for the whole weekend. I have not been back since Friday and am not feeling dizzy at all...it gets better every day. I am feeling more normal than I have in two weeks. There is no reason that going to the chiro should make me feel like I am dying! I do not care how out of whack my body is... I can deal with headaches but I cannot deal with feeling like I am going to just peace out and die (it was really bad!!) So needless to say, I am boycotting chiros for the moment.

I am a HUGE proponent of healing bodies naturally, but I also believe in the power of the human body. I think that sometimes the more input you give it to try to heal itself, the more whacked out it becomes because it's just too much to handle (unless, like Tim's back, something is seriously wrong). (As a side note, I am a huge proponent of not taking any medications for this same reason). My body is extremely sensitive so I think that this was just too much. I think if I were to go, I would go more spaced apart and just until my neck and spine look more normal. Then hopefully my body would just adapt and I would be able to fix any minor problems without any sort of dizziness.

No comments: