Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Emily and Ryan's Wedding. A crazy day typical of probably any wedding day.

Tim's sisters wedding, September 20, 2008.

1) Supposed to be an outdoor wedding. It's Seattle. You'd never guess, it POURED.
2) Bride was obviously upset and crying because it wasn't the wedding she expected.
3) Three flower girls. At 2pm on the day of the wedding, two come down with the flu. Over the course of the next 6 hours, they puke 6 times.
4) The three year old flower girl made it, albeit with a fever, but made it.
5) One of the other sister's was in the wedding party. She changed her name a few days prior. Hard to remember in the chaos that her name was not what it used to be.
6) Same sister that was in the wedding party that changed her name decided an hour before the wedding that she did not feel comfortable being in the wedding. FREAK OUT.
7) Try to find a stand in. I was an option.
8) Beautiful ceremony, no glitches except the fact that the bride forgot to carry her bouquet and the groomsmen boutonnieres were about an hour away in a different city.
9) Lots of interesting people at the wedding... lots of diversity. From kids to grandparents to clean cut to piercing/tattoos like I have never seen before even to someone who was rumored to be a meth addict. The diversity was actually lot of fun... it made it interesting!
10) Tim and I somehow ended up as designated babysitters, which was awesome for us! I loved it!! I was watching the 3 year old flower girl Savannah (our niece) and Tim was watching our cousin Talia (I think she is 8 or 9)? We were all dancing together and during the toasts, I was teaching Savannah how to cheers with juice. It was a lot of fun.
11) Tim and I did not get home until very late that night due to the fact that we were helping clean the place up since we had a strict deadline to be out at a certain time. At one point, I saw someone dancing with a broom and I started dancing with a pile of trash in my hands with Tim who also was cleaning tables and had a pile in his. Crack up.
12) A great day and at the end of the day, of any wedding, the couple is married. That's all that matters. [And, as a side note, that is also why I do not personally ever want to be a part of the married chaos again for my own wedding...]

No comments: