Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The conversation went something like this...

Controller at client to auditors: "My babies are doing good."
Us (auditors): "Oh really, that's good to hear"
Controller: "Yeah I just got them in the mail last week."
Us: (confused stares all around the table, someone glances at controller with a questioning look)
Controller: "Yep, I have 10,000 worms on my worm farm I keep in my living room. Just got em in the mail last week. They like to eat coffee grounds."
Us: (Trying not to absolutely crack up) "Interesting."
Controller: (In all seriousness. Literally.) "You all are invited to the baby shower. Only if you promise to bring in a piece of rotten fruit. I'm collecting it for them now."

...Um. Blink. Blink. Could it get much weirder? I guess maybe I should have prefaced this story with all of the other weird stories that have happened in the past two weeks. This particular story happened about 10 minutes before the controller darted up (in the middle of a conversation with us) for an "emergency." Two seconds later after he ran out for the "emergency" he informed us he was going to Starbucks. An hour later, he returns with two taco del mar bags, two sodas. One for then (10am) and one for later (which he ate-cold- at 3:30pm). Last week on one of the days he was only there for a grand total of an hour. He said he would return at 1pm that day and didn't actually return until about 1pm... the next day.

It's been a trip.

No comments: