Saturday, September 16, 2006

Back into school mode

I started my CPA review course about 3 weeks ago. I go to class for 4 hours a night, 2 nights a week. There are 4 parts to the exam. You study for one part at a time, take the exam for that section and then move on to another section. The section I'm studying for right now is the financial section. It's huge and incredibly hard. I've found that I'm glad I've waited (IE: procrastinated) for 2 years to start studying. It seems like I know some things now just from experience that I may not have known before. I'll take this part of the test probably right around October 15. The exact date is to be determined.

So, I have spent all day today trying to cram the information I should have learned in the past 3 weeks into my head. It's going well... I'm just so out of the school mode that it's been hard to get back into the swing of things, to develop a 'study schedule' per se. But, I'm working at it and hopefully something I do works...

My actual job is going well... it's still fairly busy but that's ok. I moved into my own office which is nice and I think I may have mentioned in an earlier post that I got promoted... So, things are going well on that front. Pretty soon I'm going to start a countdown until January 15, the day when things (IE: any life I may pretend to have) start to go down the drain as a result of the craziness of busy season. I can't believe it's already almost that time again... Ugh... Gotta love public accounting!

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

hahah isnt school mode wonderful? i'm glad you have a study schedule though. thats better than im doing. i miss you! good luck, i know you can do it!

P1 said...

I know you're busy and all that, but it sure would be nice to see some pix of your new home. Such a lovely couple must live in a lovely home too.