Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Daily Owen & Bennett: 11.2.2016

You know the weather flat out sucks around here when your 4 year old asks if the sun is ever going to come back. I have been here for almost 10 years now (?!!!), and I have to say, the weather has not ever really bothered me. We have had rain, sure, but it's been broken up by days of sun. And the weather is never THAT cold or THAT hot. It's always perfect for virtually any outdoor activity you want to do, save for maybe if you always want to sun bathe on a beach or play sand volleyball. But this year has been rough. I feel like it's been raining since AUGUST. It's not even THAT cold (60s), but man. The rain. STOP IT. It's not even what I would consider the "normal" Seattle rain which is really more of a mist. It's been down pours. I don't know if it's an abnormal year or if it's just getting to me this year, but I feel like I need a good dose of vitamin D. Perhaps it is also just the time of year where it also is dark early in the morning and starting to get dark WAY early in the afternoon (the flip side is that our summers are amazing and we have light for about 18 hours a day).... but, sigh. I digress. I think it is just getting to me this year.

Anyway, we had a break in the rain today between pouring down rain this morning and another huge blob heading towards us this evening that's about as big as the whole freaking state, so we took advantage. Took the kids to "Owen's bike race," aka Owen and Bennett riding on the trail and mom and dad trying to keep up. Fun times. I think we all felt better after some fresh air, too. Except for maybe Justin who twisted his ankle while chasing the kids. Dang it!





No comments: