Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Daily Owen: 11.5.2013

I am glad the little man looks so peaceful. After about ten long days (and nights) of hell, we should be in the clear (fingers crossed). The last six teeth before two year molars are in, and we went to the doctor today to make sure the old ears were ok. 

Oh yeah. The ear thing.

So.

When we were east of the mountains last weekend we literally had the worst night we've ever had with Ochee (nickname # 452). It was god awful. I made the comment to Justin that I thought it was his ear. Justin thought it was his six teeth and we would just watch it. I figured I was overreacting and he might be right.

The next day-still rough. I called our doctors emergency pager and told her what had been going on and that I thought his ear might have ruptured. I told her to call back if she thought there was an issue. No call back. So, I figured I was overreacting and she was right. 

Fast forward to doctor appointment today....

Lesson learned: mama is ALWAYS right and next time I need to listen better to my damn intuition! 

Owens ear did in fact rupture. Nothing we can do now, his hearing will be fine and we may not have been able to prevent it but that plus the six teeth? He really knows how to throw a party (poor guy). 

Hoping we are well on our way to feeling better. And I am just going to refrain from publicly and blatantly saying "I told you so" to my dear husband and doctor.

No comments: