Saturday, November 2, 2013

Daily Owen: 11.2.2013

Our day: up at 4.30 after not sleeping all night while away in Wenatchee. Owen's teeth plus new place = disaster. We were up every 20-40 minutes from 8.30pm to midnight at which point I pulled Owen on to me and he finally crashed around 1, thus giving us a few solid hours sleep. Solid being used loosely as sleeping with a 30 pound gangly one year old does not ever mean "sound" sleep, a fact I can now testify to. It does, however, make for some interesting sleeping positions which might be more funny if I weren't already so delirious and sleep deprived.... Or "sheep deprived" as I wrote in a text to my girlfriend earlier as I described the last night and last couple weeks of "sheep deprived hell." Sleep, sheep...all the same? Anyway. I'm rambling. Also evidence I need sleep. Moving on:

After our god awful wake up time subsequent to our horrific night, we went to the pool. At 6.30am! Why not?! Justin and Owen spent a lot of time kicking in the hot tub as the actual pool was a little chilly.


At around 8.30 we decided to head for breakfast at Wild Huckleberry- an amazing little joint, not solely because the pancakes there are definitely in my top 3 best ever and not just because they are bigger than my head. And you get two. Well. Upon getting in the truck, Owen fell asleep .00000001 seconds after we strapped him in. Of course! So breakfast waited a little bit while we all hung in the truck while Owen snoozed. Eventually we made it to breakfast and it was amazing as always. I got my fill of pancakes and some leftover for the freezer. Mmm.


After breakfast, we decided to just head home as there was no way we were going to hike- both because we were exhausted and because there was a huge rain/wind storm going through the passes we wanted to beat. Once again Owen promptly fell asleep and slept pretty much the whole way home- even when we almost did a 360 in the truck from the wind- yikes! 


We got home to some wind damage- mostly trees and branches down but we still had power! Justin decided to work on the house while Owen and I went shopping. While heading home from shopping, Owen crashed for nap #3 on the day (!!!) and I took the extreme long way home to let him sleep. He was fussy tonight but he helped me make chili and corn bread for dinner. Now, he is crashed and we are thinking of doing all sorts of jigs and rain dances and prayers that we all get a better nights sleep tonight. 

No comments: