Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Daily Owen: 6.12.2013

Owen playing with Fred the monkey...the monkey I bought right when we found out we were pregnant after just hearing the heartbeat for the first time, when Owen was probably just a fragment of the size of Fred. It was still so early that we hadn't told many people yet and definitely hadn't bought anything- at that point, anything could have happened. We were in that excruciating waiting period where you just want to do SOMETHING, anything....and you want to tell (yell) your news to the whole world. But you can't. Nothing looks outwardly different, as far as anyone knows, everything is status quo.

But Fred was my thing. My recognition of something tangible that represented everything Owen already was to us. It was admittance of this piece of us I was growing- before the kicks, the nursery, the showers, the announcement of the pregnancy, and WAY before the birth and everything that followed, including, tonight Owen examining Fred almost to say, hey, I remember you old friend- you were introduced via mama's tummy and you were one of the things that made me know just how much I would be loved, and how much I already was loved. Then, tender moment over (and amazingly caught on camera), squealing "NA NA NA" and beating Fred up by throwing him up and down and sitting on his head. Poor Fred.

No comments: