Friday, May 17, 2013

Life, lately.

My poor little blog has been over taken by all things Owen. I'm not sure what that makes me. A mommy blogger? Not really, as the only posts I make are "Daily Owen's." I think this makes me just a lazy blogger. As in: it's easy enough to post one picture a day and it's cute, it makes my mom happy and as an added bonus, it really documents our day to day happenings for the most part. But, alas, we do have a life outside of the kiddo. Sort of. I can't say that it's very entertaining.

So what have we been up to?

Well, work mainly. It's been my busy time of year the past few months and Justin is busy with work as well. I'm finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel (thus the time for the blog post).

I've still been managing to squeeze in workouts though it's sporadic due to my schedule and the baby's schedule, but, I'm trying. I do have a body after baby mid-year post planned, just haven't gotten to it yet. It's SO much harder to work out consistently nowadays. SO MUCH HARDER. I've really had to just accept that some days it just isn't going to happen. And that's ok. Playing and taking care of Owen always wins. If I get a good workout in, it's a bonus. If I don't work out for a few days, I do get grumpy. And what makes me REALLY grumpy?

If I FINALLY have a week where my mom is in town and I have a free baby sitter which allows me an hour to go to the gym to get good workouts...and the first day I take advantage of this in a week, I smash my finger with a weight, causing it to blow up to 4x it's size and impairing my workouts for a good two weeks. Bah humbug. Related: it was gross and I almost passed out.



 
Luckily we didn't have to cut my rings off like we thought we would!



We've also been on a couple of days lately. To Seattle and Japonessa, an old stand by favorite. It was marred only slightly by some a-hole who decided to park less than an inch away from us upon our return from dinner. And illegally, not to mention (there was not a legal spot in front of us!)

 
We also went out to breakfast at Cafe Flora which I LOVE. And of course, I had to get a cinnamon roll because a) they are amazing and b) they are amazing.

 
We also did a couple of charity events in the last couple of months. One was a fundraiser for the foundation where I volunteer as a board member. It was so much more successful than we anticipated which was great!
 
 
And, I also had several wishes going on for the make a wish foundation in which I volunteer, all of which turned out great!
 
Other than the above, we've just been playing with Owen, trying to stay healthy and in shape, working, and just laying low. Not too exciting but I'll try to update more often on our life outside of Owen. If nothing else, as an attempt to save my poor little blog from being Owen's forum (who am I kidding, it already is Owen's forum!)

No comments: