Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Continuing to play in the sun...

So, last Saturday, we continued this rather odd trend of being outside because the weather is actually holding. (And, fingers crossed, let's hope it stays that way). We had tickets to the mariners game so we started off there and ended the evening with fruity drinks outside right by the water. It was glorious! Pictures:


A view of the Port of Seattle from the mariners deck... and a seagull.


A shot looking the other direction, towards downtown Seattle. Not a cloud in the sky. Incredible.


And us at the game... oooh, and the new brown sunglasses on me.


At the game. To be quite honest, I find baseball to be incredibly boring. I don't know that I watched a minute of this game.


One more... I think I heard that the mariners were in almost a record of a losing streak. I couldn't tell you if they won or lost this game. I got bored in the 6th inning and we left.


We were going to have sushi in downtown Seattle but remembered that there was a parade that night that would have kept us gridlocked for maybe years down there. So, we headed back to the eastside where we tried out OliveYou...  mainly due to their location on the water in downtown Kirkland. The drinks were pretty good actually and the appetizers we had (caprese, hummus/spreads, and dolmas) weren't that bad either. Mostly, it was just nice to sit outside and soak up the sun. (Sorry about the line in the picture above- not sure what that's all about... stupid iphone photos).

No comments: