Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The day of love

For Valentine's Day this year, I surprised Justin with a night out...and it was truly that- a surprise. It wasn't on the actual day OF Valentine's Day but it was the Friday before (the 11th or something). Anyone who knows me realizes that this is HUGE as I typically have an aversion to doing a whole lot for that day of love. I know, I know, I should just revel in it but it just seems so cheesy. Well, this year I bought into it and decided to do something special for this boy I love. On Friday night, I told him what to wear and told him he could drive and I'd tell him where to go. It was kind of fun being able to tease him with a surprise night out. Once we finally headed out, he knew at this point we were doing something at a winery, he just didn't know what.

SO, slight tangent, let me just say. Men and directions? WHAT is up with this? ME, I am the one who knows where we are going. THE DRIVER, Justin, he does not know where we are going. Pretty simple, right? He should listen to ME. So when I am telling him which way to turn on the way there and he is a stubborn man and does not turn that way because the wineries he is thinking of aren't that way? Yeah, awesome (meaning the person who KNOWS where we are going wants to pull every little hair on her head out one by one...) Eventually we made it and laughed about our ride there.

So, what were we doing? We did a Valentine's Day progressive dinner at 3 local wineries. AWESOME. We started out at Columbia Winery for appetizers and their wines. Then after an hour or so we were transported to DeLille winery (one of our absolute favorites) for the main course. It was AMAZING. If I never had to do anything but drink their wine, I would die so happy. The food was just outstanding too. We had a great time there and got to talk with a lot of other neat couples during the dinner. The last course took us to Novelty Hill-Januik winery where we had dessert as well as their wines. Also quite tasty. And needless to say by the end of that stop, it was definitely time to head home. It was about a 4-5 hour event and I'd definitely do it again next year. We both had such a great time... and I LOVE living so close to such amazing wineries. And, I also have started to love this day of love... but I owe that to the special guy who makes these memories with me.

Pictures:

At DeLille, the place of the main course.
And another shot of the fireplace at DeLille. Not a great shot- iphone photos are not always awesome.
Our plate set up at DeLille.
A picture of my boy talking to our new friends.
And a picture of us! Again, not the best picture on here but oh well.
Our last stop- Novelty- for dessert. Mmmm.
And Justin getting dessert for us. The worst part of the night? Stupidity on my part. I decided that I was ready to wear not just two normal shoes but HEELS. Yeah, the broken foot was not too excited about that. All in all? Amazing company, fabulous food, outstanding wine, and mostly, a celebration full of laughter and love. It doesn't get much better.

No comments: