Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The countdown is on...

We leave for Hawaii in about, um, a day. Actually less than a day if you want to get really technical. Aside from the fact that I developed a cold yesterday, a cold that I have fighting so freaking hard not to get, I am still pumped. I think that sun and beaches will be the cure for the cold so it's all good.

We had a fabulous weekend... so fabulous in fact, that it probably weakened my immune system. Hence, the stupid cold.

Ashley got in around 9pm Friday night. We took her out to our favorite Thai restaurant and then headed to Rhett's house for his birthday party where a little game of flip cup indoctrinated Ashley in to the folks of Washington. Of course she was a pro... apparently flip cup is popular in Missouri too.

The next morning we headed out early to ride the duck. It was essentially a land/water tour of Seattle. Awesome. We met some nice folks from Wisconsin so that was fun too. We then headed up in the space needle. Then went to pike place market and then walked to the best sushi place ever. If anyone is ever in Seattle, check out Wasabi Bistro. If you like sushi, naturally. Then we went straight to the Angels and Airwaves/Weezer concert. It was such a high energy/amazing concert. Loved it.

Sunday we got up and threw on our hiking clothes and went into the mountains then to Snoqualmie falls. It was awesome.

All in all, it was a perfect weekend and I'm pretty sure Miss Welch had a good time exploring Seattle too. I actually took a fair amount of pictures but of course have not downloaded them yet. When I do, I will post them. They tell the weekend story better than I can.

Now onto the next journey... Hawaii!

No comments: