Friday, February 15, 2008

Last week I was craving yoga, this week I am craving chocolate.

This is highly indicative of my stress level.

I think I have eaten more chocolate today than in the past year.

I have worked for um, 19 days in a row.

Nineteen.

And not just short days. Long days. Well, Sundays have been shorter. But still. It doesn't make up for the 15 hour days I have been working during the week. Something is wrong with me. I have never worked this hard in my life. I'm pretty sure I'm not a huge fan of getting to the office at 6 every morning and not leaving till 10 at night. And then, repeat is on for the next 5 days.

I mean, I am actually working too. Well, not right now. Today has not been a productive day. I have been eating chocolate, drinking tea, checking email/blogs, writing on my blog (obviously), and I even took a long lunch with a group of friends... co-workers and non co-workers. I think I am burned out.

Tonight is girls night out in Seattle. We are getting dressed up although the prospect of keeping heels on isn't exactly exciting at the moment. As long as there is more chocolate involved, with a prospect of yoga sometime in the next couple of days, I think I'll be just fine and ready to be back at work tomorrow. At 7. Seriously. I have a meeting. If you're thinking "lame" times that by about 100 and that is how I feel.

Monday I head to Alaska for the next 6 days. Last week it was -26 up there. Sunday it is going to be 60 here. Unfair.

I do really like what I do but it's really busy right now. It is just the time of year and like I've said before, if I absolutely hated it, I wouldn't be in this profession. I know that at the end of it all, lies an awesome summer in front of me. Lots of water time, perfect weather, short work days, and long weekends. Ahhhhhhh... can't wait!

No comments: