Saturday, June 3, 2006

MIA- I know, I know

Things have been pretty crazy lately.... I promise I will post in more detail later (pictures included!) Here are some highlights to suffice everyone's growing curiousity, at least for the moment:
1) We are IN! (To our new house, that is). Hooray!! We took friday off last week and spent what was our 4-day memorial day weekend moving into our house. Actually, friday we spent all day walking through our house with contractors, signing our life away and finishing packing our apartment.
-Tim's family joined us in the move-in process. I am completely positive that we would have been absolutely beyond screwed without their help. We are so ignorant... we thought we could just round up a couple of our guy friends and spend a few hours getting stuff moved in. Well, with Tim's family's help (that's 6 of us working, folks- and non-stop at that) we spent 3 straight days moving, unpacking, installing stuff (ask Tim about his speakers...), buying stuff (refridgerator, washer, dryer, lawnmower, grill, furniture, etc), and cleaning the old apartment. At work on Tuesday I literally was falling asleep at my desk. On the plus side, I worked so hard that I lost three pounds last weekend... Interesting, but I'll take it...
-Anyway, we are mostly in now. We're living in a fishbowl... we have no blinds. We ordered custom made blinds and shutters and we're crossing our fingers that they'll arrive this week. The only bad thing we've found about this is that it gets light in the summer in Arizona aroudn 4:45-5:00 a.m... and we're talking BRIGHT. So, we've had some early mornings.
-Our formal dining room, formal sitting room, and two guest bedrooms are basically completely empty. But the kitchen, family room, bathrooms, and master bedroom look amazing... (pictures to come later...)
2) Aside from the house (which, by the way, why did no one inform me of how much work being a homeowner is? It took me a couple of days to adjust...) we've been busy working. I'm slightly confused by the fact that my busy season has 'officially' ended but I'm still busy... it's a total phenomenon. I'm only working 40-45 hour weeks (because, hello, busy season is OVER... no more long hours for me) but I really have about 50-55 hour weeks in terms of the work I have. So this weekend I have to spend some time catching up...
3) In a few weeks, I'm getting ready to go back to KC for a couple of weddings- Wish's and Chelsea's... I can't wait. I finally got my dress fitted for Wish's and I'm glad to say that my well-being is no longer in danger as a result. (As a side note, I was actually starting to get worried at the procrastination I exhibited on the alterations... it was unlike any other procrastination I've ever experienced, well, maybe not...)
4) I just met a neighbor that lives across the street from me... she seems really nice... We have a very diverse neighborhood, which I love. The people across the street are Asian (she needed a lighter for candle-she said in their culture they say a prayer and have a little ceremony before they actually move in), the people next door to them are African American (I think...), the people next door to us are white, and on the other side they are hispanic. It's really very cool... I think we are probably one of the only people on the street without kids, too, by the way... it's pretty neat that everyone is so young...
5) I have some pretty great pictures of my night last night... I went out with a bunch of work people... Fun times... I'll post pictures of that, too, when I have a chance...
6) It's 113 degrees here today. We broke a record. But amazingly, it doesn't feel as hot as it did last year when it was 120... apparently we've adjusted to the climate...

Anyway, I can't think of much else going on... right now Tim is yelling at the dumb Sprint people who keep screwing up our bill. That could be an interesting story later judging by what I've heard him say so far...

Oh, and as a last thought, I really hate it when you discover that someone isn't who you really think they are. It just makes me really sad. And I really despise gossiping. I'm getting sick of dealing with both... But oh well...

I can't promise I will be better at posting but I can promise I'll try... my work schedule is continuing to look insane and a lot is going on... so I might still be MIA for a while, but I'm going to try to do better... I know I've had some funny stories in the past few months but by the time I get around to posting, all I can do is a generic, rambling post. (Yes, like this one... I know)...

4 comments:

Kristyn said...

hey!! im so glad you moved in! that's so exciting. i can gladly say, this time in 2 weeks i will be graduated from highschool. can you believe it!? i sure can't... i hope to talk to you soon!!

Jenn said...

hey Kris!! I can't believe you'll be graduating either... You're not supposed to be that old yet...

I hope you read this comment because I've been trying in vain to find your email address... can you get my email address from your mom or dad and then email me? I've been thinking about you and wanting to email you to see how you are but i can't find your address! Hope to hear from you soon!

rachel said...

it is so amazing that you guys are moved in to your new house! I need need need to see photos!

I guess you probably saw that Travis and I bought an old house here in Eugene. We don't close until the end of the month and probably won't be moved in until the end of July. I am NOT looking forward to moving all of our stuff again. ugh.

Pablo said...

I like generic, rambling posts. It's something I'm pretty good at.