Monday, August 22, 2016

Daily Owen & Bennett: 8.19.2016

Owen is four today....FOUR. Holy crap, it doesn't seem possible. Two might be believable. 4? No way. Owen made me a mom and I've said a million times that I was in shock for the first few months of his life- not that I was a mom, but by virtue of becoming a mom I was entrusted with this little guy AND by some sort of grace, I was actually keeping him alive. It truly left me in a state of shock and awe. Maybe that was just the sleep deprivation. But here we are, and 4 years later I still feel a bit of that. 

Owen is such a sweet boy. He's sensitive and he's shy, but he's also utterly vibrant and full of piss and vinegar. In the past year, he's gained so much confidence and has really come in to his own. He's all boy and has to be reminded not to be too rough, but overall, he is such a sweet kid. A kid. Sniff. Four years old. Bittersweet as they grow up. I am so lucky to be Oe's mom.









No comments: