Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Daily Owen & Bennett: 7.5.2015

Phew for a day that started like this:

Sure ended a little differently! 

(This was at the end of the day and I wanted to throw a ball too!)


And this was the middle of the day:



So yeah. 

Justin left at 5am to go on a "4 hour" bike ride with some buddies in the back country. By noon I started to get worried when he wasn't answering his phone. By 3:30 even it was nearing double digit hours, I was losing my damn mind. I knew something had happened, just didn't know what. And I knew I should contact someone in the case they did need help on the mountain before dark. At around 4:30 after 911 tried to help (with no luck), Justin called FINALLY and said "we are alive." To which I said "let me just go ahead and call 911 back and tell them you're ok and then I'm going to kill you!"

Apparently one of the guys had gotten really sick and dehydrated and Justin had to pull him home. It was a little scary.  Needless to say, we will be getting a spot satellite tracker thing for these kind of rides going forward!

B after poppy's return. Kid is growing like mad. Seriously eats everything in sight. Didn't get any pics of Owen today.... Was a little stressed!


No comments: