Monday, May 4, 2015

Daily Owen & Bennett: 5.3.2015

This morning when O woke up, he wanted to cuddle with B. Despite the looks if it, B was happy to oblige. 


Poppy was out coaching the high school bike team, so we had the day to entertain ourselves. We ran errands, one of which was Lowes, as I had the crazy idea to but landscaping stuff (like mulch) with two kids in tow. We made it. Barely. I was the crazy mom with toddler in the cart and baby strapped to me loading mulch. Holla! 

Oh yeah. And tmi detail: I really REALLY had to pee. I could not for the love figure out how. Do you leave one kid outside of the stall? I couldn't really take the baby off...where would I put him? Taking the toddler out if the cart and letting him touch the dirty bathroom? No thanks. Leaving both kids in the car while I ran back in? Sketchy. So, I didn't pee. For like 4 hours. I have made it as a mom: bladder of steel. 

After that adventure, we headed to the park to meet our friends the Benzels. Kristen is my friend and she has a son Carter who is just a couple months younger than Owen. Carter was obsessed with Bennett.


And Owen was obsessed with Carter's tee ball. Sidenote: I am still in total shock at how freaking well Owen hit the ball. It was amazing, for never having done it before! 



Later we pulled them away from baseball to swing. They loved it. 



Eventually we made it home and Owen took a nap. B and I started to landscape. Luke supervised. 


Then B got bored and decided he just wanted to play. So we did that for a while. All in all it was a successful Sunday in my book! 

No comments: