Friday, March 28, 2014

Pregnancy round 2: week 15.

Another week down! A little late as I am now 17 weeks but getting caught up. Here are the glorious belly pics:


15 weeks side shot. 


15 weeks front shot.


A comparison, 14 weeks side shot. 


14 weeks front. 

How I'm feeling?
ITCHY and HUGE. Week 15 last time (with Owen) I deemed was the "pop out" week and I feel that this way this time too. As in, one time during week 15 (this time) I walked in to a room and Justin was all "oh HELLO BELLY." 

I do have to admit that I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER in terms of morning sickness (which, by the way is a complete misnomer because I had ALL DAY sickness, so I would in fact like to punch whoever deemed it "morning" sickness right in the face. Ahem. Pardon my bitterness). BUT. I might have a bit of forgiveness because I haven't been seriously sick-ish feeling in all of week 15 and actually feel NORMAL again. As in not pregnant normal. Like, I could run a marathon if I wanted! And eat salads! And actually have energy to do my job! Imagine that! It's amazing! I seriously LOVE being pregnant. Ok, that was a slight (huge) exaggeration. I still don't LOVE being pregnant but I am SO SO SO glad to be out of the first trimester and that god-awful sickness. I can't even believe how amazing it feels to actually be operating like a normal human being again. I will say that my boobs are a little sore but I'll take it. Whatever! Bring it boobies! I'll take anything as long as I'm not nauseous all day long. Well, almost anything. 

One huge complaint I have right now is that I am SO itchy. As in I could itch all of my skin off and be totally ok with it if it made the itching stop. I've always had skin that is prone to be dry and thus itches at certain times during the year but this is different. I itch everywhere. All day long, worse at night. Which, oh, yeah, eff you google for telling me I have some rare liver thing that happens in pregnancy that can result in still born babies. Why do I even look at google? I looked at my week 15 post from Owen and I guess I was super itchy with him too around this time, so I'm guessing it's normal for me. Guess I blocked that one out from last time! 

How I'm changing?
I'm just getting bigger. And have scabs on my body from itching. Oh yeah, and how did I forget about the other lovely side effect of pregnancy called "revert to your teenage years" acne. Other than that, pretty much just all the same here, just growing.  I'd love to experience some pregnancy glow, long nails and luscious hair....sometime? 

What I'm eating?
This week I pretty much craved potatoes. So I guess I'm not TOTALLY out of the weird first trimester stage where you're sick and have food cravings all over the board. I'm not totally sick but really craved potatoes all week so my love affair with carbs has not quite ended. I will say that I am eating more "normal" now. Salads are in the mix again, as are "colored" foods so this is huge progress. But there were a couple of days where I just lived on potatoes. And bread. Oh well. 

Weight I'm gaining? 
129 pounds this week. So right in line with about where I thought I was at week 14 when I guessed 128. With Owen I was 125 at week 15. So, not too crazy ahead this time around, even though I feel like a tanker truck. I'm still working out but it's not even close to where I'd like to be. This time of year with work and with Owen, it's just hard to fit it all in. Plus, I've been so sick that working out was pretty much the last thing I wanted to do. I'm starting to get in a better routine now that I'm feeling better. It feels awesome! 

How I'm sleeping? 
Again, seems like a silly question with a 19 month old. We sleep pretty great as long as Owen sleeps...which is always a crap shoot. I will say I am not peeing as much this pregnancy at night so that's been a nice reprieve. I'm sure that will change. 

What's the baby doing?

-The baby is about 4 inches long or about the size of an orange. 
-The hair on the baby's head is starting to grow in and there's fine hair around its body to protect it from amniotic fluid (he/she moves amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract which helps the lungs begin to develop)
-The baby's legs are growing longer than his/her arms now (less like an alien baby!)
-Some babies begin to suck their thumb and the baby can sense light.
-Taste buds are beginning to form. 
-At this stage babies are easily moving around. 
- You can see at this point on an ultrasound if it's a boy or a girl.



What we are doing to prepare for the baby?
About the only thing I really did this week was dig out all my maternity clothes and go through my whole closet and chuck (uh, pack up) anything I deemed too small right now. It was sort of a depressing and liberating exercise all at once because I finally just gave up on trying to squeeze in to my "normal" clothes and accepted the fact that I am choosing comfort first and foremost. 

We also decided that we are NOT going to find out the sex of the baby. Nothing is really going to change at all by knowing this time around. Clothes we can always buy later and there's a 50-50 chance we have everything we need already. There are so few GOOD surprises in life anymore that I think waiting on this one will be so amazing... much to most people's dismay. 

Random thoughts on pregnancy (pregnancy brain?)
The second trimester really is the best trimester. It is so glorious. 

But, oh yeah: this. Pregnancy brain. And the perpetual forgetting. How did I not remember this was a real thing? Oh yeah, because I have massive pregnancy brain. 

No comments: