Wednesday, April 11, 2012

IT'S A.....

CUTE BABY! SEE!  


Yes, we had our big ultrasound yesterday... who's dying to know to see if I caved? Who bet on it like my husband did? Should I just go ahead and tell you he's a richer man today?


Which also means that I know something that you don't know! (I'm such a tease). In all reality, all of my grand plans to find out on my birthday in Hawaii flew out the window the second I walked in the door. I couldn't wait. I have no resolve. I'm weak. Whatever. I justified it 400 different ways (IE: I'll STILL be in Hawaii on my birthday, which is STILL special, I will be thrilled no matter what, etc). Truth of the matter? It was special. It was everything. I cried and it was perfect and it still would have been perfect whether we found out in 2 days, 2 weeks, or 5 more months.


In all seriousness? The little turtle WANTED us to know. Seriously, SO ACTIVE... It would have been impossible not to see unless I had walked in blindfolded. Oh, what? You want to know?

BOY!! (As I've thought all along- maybe I do have some motherly instinct!) We caught this shot about 500 times throughout the ultrasound. As the tech said, "Wow, that is quite the boy part and he is definitely a proud little man..." He was displaying it quite frequently and quite prominently. To which my husband joked, well, he is a Valente man. Ha!

We couldn't be happier about this new little guy. And in all honesty, the best news we got of the day was that all organs and bones were there and in place and everything about him looks perfect. Now we wait... for 5 more months or so to meet him.

No comments: