Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy holidays!

Well, the weather people said yesterday that we would not be getting more snow, an hour later they changed that to a trace possible, then an hour after that they changed it to a possible 2 inches.

How much did we get you ask?

Um, try SIX inches on for size. For those of you keeping track, our grand total is about 16 inches. In SEATTLE.

Today we had no snow but were still fairly snowed in.

Why?

Because Seattle does not GET snow...EVER... and if we do, it lasts for a grand total of 5 minutes. It hits the ground and then is gone. So we do not have the capacity to REMOVE snow and any attempts are half assed at best. It's kinda like when I was a kid and my mom told me to clean my room so I took about 1.5 minutes to just shuffle stuff around to make it look like I cleaned my room but really nothing was different. The only thing that made me finally start cleaning my room was one day coming home from school on the school bus and all of my underwear was hanging on the tree in the front yard for everyone to see. (Yes, I am still scarred by that...thanks, mom!)

Well, Seattle, I want to hang YOUR underwear on a tree. YOU SUCK at shoveling snow! The only thing that comes from the feeble attempts to shovel snow is creating ice rinks for street. This is not conducive to driving at all.

Tomorrow we are supposed to be heading to Kansas City for the holidays. This is completely awesome in every single way possible except for the two ways in which it could be problematic. 1) As Seattle does not have the capacity to shovel its streets, its airport also does not really have the capacity to de-ice. We saw on the news this morning that half of all flights were cancelled and some people have been stranded at the airport for 5 days!! 2) Tomorrow in Kansas City, starting in the evening, it is predicted to be snowing/icing. I think we are taking the weather with us. To our Seattle friends- you are welcome.

We will have a wonderful holiday one way or another... and to everyone out there... happy holidays with best wishes for safe travels, warmth, and love.

No comments: